Adam Landrigan, email

I RECENTLY completed a RB30 five-speed conversion in my VH and everything went sweet.

Just before the project finished, however, an unmolested VK with a carbied ‘black death’ 202 and ‘Traumatic’ popped up that I couldn’t go past, so the VH is on the back-burner for now.

My question is: If I use the ‘dirty 30’ conversion for the VK, will I need to get it engineer-certified?

Or should I just LS it?

G’DAY Adam, yep, you’ll need an engineer’s certificate for your RB30 conversion, but if you’ve done everything nicely – such as the wiring, fuel system and gauges – you shouldn’t have a problem. Why not have both?